Tuesday, October 27, 2009

New and Very Exciting News

I have been talking throughout this week with Kyri, a woman from the PR firm that works for Doctors Community Hospital (where I had my surgeries). She wrote an article on me for the hospital’s newsletter which is currently being printed. She was approached by the CBS affiliate news station in Washington, DC about doing a story on my case. I agreed of course! I am really excited! This is a great way to raise awareness about these conditions since thousands of people who have probably never heard of EDS or Chiari! Hopefully someone will watch it and be able to say “Hey, I have those symptoms! Maybe I should get checked out for that!”

We were hoping that they would be filming sometime while we are up there next week (Nov. 1-3), but of course not! They are filming on Nov. 10, a week after we were planning on coming up there. I talked to Kyri and she said that the hospital would fly me back up for it! I am very excited because it means I get to go back to Bethesda and soon! I really love it there and I will be doing what I am very passionate about! This extra trip will be another opportunity to meet with Dr. Henderson! I am just incredibly excited and feel so blessed for these amazing experiences!

1 comment:

  1. Mackenzie, that is outstanding! What a great opportunity - I hope it goes well. You may want to just keep some notes on your experience to look back on later and include in your blog/project notes. Dr. B

    ReplyDelete