Friday, October 16, 2009

Trip to Maryland

I had a great time in Maryland! I feel like a lot was accomplished! We had a great meeting with Dorothy Poppe, the executive director of CSF. It was great getting to know each other and more about each other's story! The CSF meeting was awesome! There were a few speakers in addition to me and they were very informative! My speech went well and I feel like it helped many patients relate with all of the information that was being shared. After the meeting, we had dinner with Dr. Henderson. It was really fun and we actually got some things accomplished! He had the idea of holding an educational meeting at MUSC which is where he did his residency. He knows the Chief of Neuroscience there and has asked me to write him a letter proposing the idea of the meeting. I will start on this right away! I am also going to contact Dr. Godenick about having the educational meeting here! There is a lot to do, but I am very excited!

2 comments:

  1. Mackenzie, when Dr. Cannon and I e-mailed with Dr. Godenick it sounded like he would prefer to have us split the time (total is 50 minutes at lunch - 1:30 to 2:30). That is, we would talk for about 30-35 minutes of the lecture, and you would talk for 15-20 minutes. We can figure out the details later. Feel free to make the contact with him, March or April would be best for us, but let us know what you think. We'd want to do a 'dress rehearsal' with you prior to the date, and share outlines to avoid overlap. We would cater our talk around what you were going to focus on. Anyway, finding a date and topic are the first steps. Dr. B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm also glad that your trip and talk went so well!!

    ReplyDelete