Wednesday, November 11, 2009

First Article Published

Today the first article about my story has been published! It is very crazy to experience this, especially when I think about where I was this time last year! If someone had told me then, “Mackenzie, this time next year you will have had 2 surgeries, be pain-free, and have an article published on you in the Spartanburg Herald Journal,” I would have laughed in their face! It is all so surreal still and I am so grateful for the many opportunities God has given me through all of my struggles and pain!

I have been so blessed in the past 2 years and am so excited for the next years to come! This week we should be receiving the article from Maryland and finding out when we are filming for the TV station up there. I have already met 5 people this week with Chiari or EDS and 2 of them are because of the article! It is great to be able to share my story with them and give them advice based on my experiences.

Here is the link to the article:
http://www.goupstate.com/article/20091110/ARTICLES/911101007/1106?Title=Teen-is-walking-tall-again

1 comment:

  1. What a great article - keep up the energy and enthusiasm Mackenzie! Dr. B.

    ReplyDelete